WAFA India 2020
Held once every three years, the World Association of Flower Arrangers (WAFA) showpiece event has established itself as the premier event for anyone with an interest in flower arranging and floral art. Previous shows have been based in Dublin and Barbados and in 2020 it moves to the vibrant city of Jaipur in India, giving us the opportunity to combine our day at the show with visits to some of India’s most iconic locations and sumptuous gardens.
We begin in Delhi, where we will have the rare opportunity to visit the Mughal gardens at Rashtrapati Bhavan (formerly Viceroy House), which are only ever open in February; enjoy the teeming bazaar and explore the Lodi Gardens, which have elements of early Mughal garden design and were later developed into a flower garden by the wife of the Governor-General. From here we transfer to Agra, where we will visit the gardens at Agra Fort and Mehtab Bagh and, of course, the Taj Mahal – an unmissable sight.
We also explore the magnificent Amber Fort, the fascinating step well at Abhaneri, the elegant gardens of Rambagh Palace and the many sights of Jaipur itself.
The Show itself will include flower-arranging demonstrations and lectures along with magnificent displays of floral art created by professional, amateur and novice flower arrangers from all around the world and promises to be a particularly colourful and enthusiastically hosted affair.
This holiday will be an absolute feast for the senses, in colour, scent and sound.
Included in the price
- Seven nights’ accommodation on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis – two nights at the Meridien Hotel, Delhi; one night at the Trident Hotel, Agra; three nights at the Jaipur Marriott Hotel and one night at the Pride Plaza Aerocity, Delhi (all hotels subject to change). Upgrade to the 5-star Jaimahal Palace Jaipur available on request
- Four lunches
- Scheduled return flights London Heathrow to Delhi. Regional flight connections, flight upgrades and overnight accommodation before or after the tour available at a supplement.
- Visits to Lodi Gardens, Humayun’s Tomb, Jama Mosque, Raj Ghat and Rashtrapati Bhavan (Delhi); Agra Fort, Taj Mahal, Mehtab Garden, Chand Baori (Agra/Abhaneri); Amber Fort, Rambagh Palace Garden and City Palace (Jaipur)
- Entrance to WAFA 2020 (one day)
- All travel within India, including travel by air-conditioned coach and chair class express train between Delhi and Agra
- Bottled water and porterage
- Services of a Brightwater Holidays tour manager and a local tour escort throughout
Please note a reasonable level of fitness and mobility is required to get the most out of this holiday. If you would like to spend more time in India, we can offer extensions – please contact our office to discuss your requirements and we can provide you with a quotation.
Tour dates & prices
Included in your cost:
- Services of a professional tour manager
- Comfortable coach travel throughout
- Meals - as per the itinerary