Combine timeless, ancient traditions with natural landscape wonders when traveling in Japan. Where garden design is a Japanese art and Cherry Blossoms are unrivalled, exploring Japan with Brightwater takes you into the heart of Japanese culture. Whether a view of Mt Fuji is on your bucket list or to dive into the shimmering metropolis of Tokyo followed but a trip on the infamous bullet train, this would only touch the surface of what Japan can provide in terms of unique experiences and wonders. Throw in a visit to the Great Buddha in Kamakura, or a sobering Hiroshima excursion, plus an eclectic array of okonomiyaki to feast on, there is one guarantee in Japan, you simply cannot be disappointed. Seasonal Gardens of Japan is one of Brightwater’s favourite tours.
Country Information - Japan
- Visa - British Citizens can enter Japan for up to 90 days without a visa.
- Currency - The currency in Japan is the Japanese Yen
- How to Dress - The Japanese dress very similarly to Westerners. They are quite conservative and often dress smartly. It can get very humid so pack lightweight clothing in the humid months
- Cultural Differences - Japan is a country associated with respect and hierarchy. The Japanese are extremely punctual and polite. They are also very clean.
- Language - The main language of Japan is Japanese
- Tipping - Tipping is not customary in Japan. Gifts are more widely offered instead of money as a sign of appreciation