Even a mere thought about traveling to India inspires scents, coloured visions and taste sensations, memories made when exploring the sites of India really do last a lifetime. The wonderful amalgamation of rich history, extravagant architecture and spiritual living is unlike any other destination visited with Brightwater. Delve into the history of the Pink City of Jaipur’s stucco buildings, explore the treasure trove of Delhi, or soak in the atmosphere of the metropolis of Mumbai; share your experiences of awe with a group tour of India and turn those thoughts into true memories to hold on to.
Country Information - India
- Visa - You will require a Visa to travel to India. You can find further information on the India High Commission Website - https://www.hcilondon.gov.in/index
- Currency - The Currency of India is the Indian Rupee
- How to Dress - It is important to dress conservatively in India. A general rule is to ensure you cover your shoulders and your knees. It is recommended that you wear breathable fabric. You will be required to take your shoes off in some religious areas.
- Cultural Differences - India is renowned for it's religious history and is the birthplace of four of the world's major religions - Buddhism, Hinduism, Jainism and Sikhism. In India it is customary to eat with your right hand. Embracing and kissing in public is not acceptable
- Language - India has over twenty major languages incorporating a number of dialects. The main languages are Hindi and English
- Tipping - Tipping in the service industry is common practice. In restaurants, a tip of 5% - 7% is acceptable