England: The RHS Chelsea Flower Show and Classic English Gardens - Tour B
This tour combines the colour, prestige and excitement of the RHS Chelsea Flower Show with some of the south of England’s finest gardens, affording the opportunity to enjoy a wide range of horticultural excellence.
Our two centre holiday includes visits to the RHS Chelsea Flower Show and the unmissable gardens of RHS Garden Wisley, Sissinghurst in Kent and Great Dixter. We then head west, breaking our journey at the beautiful gardens of Wilton House near Salisbury and ‘Capability’ Brown’s famous landscape garden of Stourhead.
From our hotel in the West Country we visit the ancient Bishop’s Palace in Wells, the Harold Peto designed garden at Iford Manor and Hestercombe, one of Gertrude Jekyll and Sir Edwin Lutyens’ greatest masterpieces. We also have some time in the town of Bath, famous for its Roman baths and elegant Georgian terraces. We also explore The Courts Garden a delightful English country garden.
departures:Select Your Departure Date
What to Expect
- The Great British gardening event of the year, The Chelsea Flower Show
- The ornamental and experimental gardens of RHS Wisley
- The world-renowned courtyard gardens of Sissinghurst Castle
- Temples, urns and grottos in the timeless landscape of Stourhead
- Hestercombe Gardens – a horticultural masterpiece from Gertrude Jekyll and Edwin Lutyens