England: The RHS Chelsea Flower Show and Classic English Gardens
This tour combines the colour and excitement of the RHS Chelsea Flower Show with some of the south of England’s finest gardens, affording the opportunity to enjoy a wide range of horticultural excellence.
Our two centre holiday starts in the West Country where we enjoy a wander round Tyntesfield, a fine National Trust Victorian country house with a glorious walled garden. Next we visit Henry Hoare’s famous landscape garden of Stourhead and spend some time in the town of Bath, famous for its Roman baths and elegant Georgian terraces. We visit the ancient Bishop’s Palace in Wells; Hestercombe, one of Gertrude Jekyll and Sir Edwin Lutyens’ greatest masterpieces, and the Harold Peto designed garden at Iford Manor, before transferring to our hotel near London, breaking our journey at the beautiful gardens of Wilton House near Salisbury.
Following an extended visit to RHS Garden Wisley, with its vast range of expertly curated horticultural delights, we spend a full day at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show before concluding with visits to Sissinghurst and Great Dixter.
departures:Select Your Departure Date
What to Expect
- The Great British gardening event of the year, The Chelsea Flower Show
- Guided tour of the ornamental and experimental gardens of RHS Wisley
- ‘Early-Bird’ visit to the world-renowned courtyard gardens of Sissinghurst Castle
- Temples, urns and grottos in the timeless landscape of Stourhead
- Hestercombe Gardens – a horticultural masterpiece from Gertrude Jekyll and Edwin Lutyens