Scotland: Shetland and its Outer Isles
If you want to get away from it all, Shetland is the place to be. As close to Norway as it is to Scotland, Shetland is rugged and remote, with a raw natural beauty, a unique culture and wonderful wildlife. There are over a hundred islands here, only 16 of which are inhabited, each with its own individual character, and our tour offers the opportunity to visit four of them, providing a real taste of the diversity of this amazing archipelago, not to mention the simple pleasure of travelling by boats, both large and small, as the indomitable inhabitants of these islands have done for hundreds of years.
departures:Select Your Departure Date
What to Expect
- Rich wildlife on the Island of Mousa
- 3000 years of archaeological history at Jarlshof
- Muness Castle – the most northerly castle in the British Isles
- The stunning sea cliffs of Noss
- Bobby’s bus shelter in Baltasound – surely the most famous in the world!