Malta's Archaeological Heritage4th Mar 2025
Malta’s diminutive archipelago is by no means any indication of the vast riches it holds — from the Neolithic to now, they are many and varied, and all out there to be discovered on this very special tour...
Arriving in Malta, with its golden limestone-cliff coasts, lucid seas, beautiful laid-back towns and heart-stirring views, you could be forgiven for thinking that you’ve already seen all there is to see. But take a peek beneath the surface, and no doubt you’ll be astounded by the wealth of wonders to be found there.
Venture inside the walled citadel of Mdina, explore the warren of narrow tomb-lined passages of St Paul’s Catacombs, and take to the waves for a boat trip around the spectacular cliffs and caverns of the famed Blue Grotto. But most startling of all, perhaps, are the mysterious sites left by civilisations with whom we are just starting to get acquainted — the millennia-old Mnajdra Temples, the megaliths of Hagar Qim: these make for a truly unforgettable archaeological expedition.
Seaview Room Supplement £60
Optional Excursion to Gozo £145
departures:Select Your Departure Date
What to Expect
- Priceless art treasures at St John’s Cathedral
- The walled citadel of Mdina
- The ancient and mysterious Hal Saflieni Hypogeum, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- The extraordinary labyrinth of St. Paul’s Catacombs
- 5000 year old temples of Hagar Qim and Mnajdra Temples
- The ‘Cave of Darkness’, one of the earliest sites used by Neolithic man
- A visit to the picturesque fishing village of Marsaxlokk
** Please note that all timings are approximate and subject to change. Final timings and pick-up points will be confirmed with your joining instructions approximately 10 days prior to departure. **
Day by Day Itinerary
We fly from London to Malta and upon arrival we transfer to our hotel.