Great Gardens of Cornwall in the company of Mike Nelhams
With the help of Mike Nelhams, Curator of Tresco’s Abbey Gardens and a long-standing associate of Brightwater Holidays, we have put together this very special tour of Cornwall, featuring not only the gardens but the personalities behind them. These include Sir Tim Smit, the driving force behind both the Lost Gardens of Heligan and the Eden Project, Charles Williams of Caerhays Castle and Lord Falmouth of Tregothnan Estate.
At our base in the comfortable Alverton Hotel, Truro, our tour begins with a presentation from Mike Nelhams on the great Gardens of Cornwall. Over the following three days we will see the gardens for ourselves, beginning with a tour of the Lost Gardens of Heligan with Garden Manager Alasdair Moore, after a personal introduction from Sir Tim Smit, and a visit to the wonderful spring gardens of Caerhays Castle, which includes lunch and a welcome from the owner Charles Williams. After an exciting day on Tresco and a tour of the outstanding Abbey Gardens, our tour concludes with a private visit to the Tregnothnan Estate with owner Lord Falmouth and a tour of the unique Tregothnan Tea Plantation.
Please note: as Mike is unavailable for the April departure this tour will be hosted by Colin Crosbie, former Curator of RHS Garden Wisley.
departures:Select Your Departure Date
What to Expect
- Personal welcome and introduction from Sir Tim Smit at Heligan
- Tour of Heligan with Alasdair Moore
- Lunch and welcome from the owner at Caerhays Castle
- Private visit to the Tregothnan Estate and Tea Plantation with welcome from Lord Falmouth
- Day trip to Abbey Gardens and personally conducted tour with Curator Mike Nelhams (March only - a member of the gardening team will conduct the tour in April)