Gardens and Flora of Tasmania and Victoria with Colin Crosbie
In late 2022, Colin Crosbie, former head gardener to HM The Queen Mother and later Curator of RHS Wisley, went on a working holiday to Australia, in particular the states of Victoria and Tasmania, where he visited a large number of gardens, from small privately owned properties to distinguished botanical establishments. On his return he gave us his ideas for a tour which, if followed in its entirety, would have lasted about six weeks, such is the abundance of wonderful gardens to be found there!
Selecting the very best places to visit, while reluctantly discarding others, we have whittled this down to just under three weeks, and a tour that we think will provide the opportunity to experience a broad cross-section of beautifully landscaped and lavishly planted gardens as well as native flora, and a truly unforgettable holiday experience.
Please note: should you wish to make the most of your time ‘Down Under’, extensions to Sydney, Perth or wherever you want to go can be arranged on request, tailored to your own requirements. We can even arrange a Round-The-World air fare, should you wish to return via Hawaii, California or anywhere else!
departures:Select Your Departure Date
What to Expect
- The Royal Botanical Gardens of Victoria, in both Melbourne and Cranbourne
- The Dandenong Ranges Botanic Garden, Victoria's premier cool-climate garden
- Selected private gardens, opened by special arrangement
- A full day among the towering forest giants of the Styx Tall Tree Conservation Area
- Farewell dinner at Heronswood Garden