Visit the Falkland Islands, where incredible penguin, seal and albatross populations thrive. Situated 400 miles off the coast of South America in the South Atlantic Ocean, this special part of the world is considered to be very off-the-beaten-track and is home to breathtaking coastline. A real wilderness destination, an escorted tour to the Falkland Islands means the chance to observe wildlife, see flowering plants than can’t be found anywhere else and encounter its unique atmosphere.
Country Information - Falkland Islands
- Visa - British nationals do not need a visa to enter the Falkland Islands, but you may need a visa to transit Chile. Not required
- Currency - The currency of the Falkland Islands is the Falkland Islands pound
- How to Dress - The dress code in the Falkland Islands is genuinely casual. It is advisable to pack lightweight layers in the summer when temperatures peak and warmer weather clothing in the winter
- Cultural Differences - The culture of the Falkland Islands is very similar to that of Britain. They are governed as a colony of the United Kingdom
- Language - English is the official language of the Falkland Islands
- Tipping - Tipping isn't required in the Falkland Islands