Visit Chile, a country that is home to the iconic Grey Glacier, the breathtaking Torres del Paine National Park and wonderful wildlife. Discover the great array of plants endemic to the dry region of Patagonia, take a memorable tour of historic Santiago and hide out patiently in anticipation of seeing Andean deer, culpeo foxes and maybe even pumas. The natural beauty to be experienced in this country is colossal and the wine produced here is equally as astounding.
Country Information - Chile
- Visa - Not required - you can stay in Chile for up to 90 days on a tourist visa
- Currency - Chilean peso is the currency of Chile
- How to Dress - The dress code in Chile is genuinely casual including in most restaurants. It is advisable to pack lightweight layers in the summer when temperatures peak. It can get cooler in the evenings.
- Cultural Differences - Family occupies a central role in Chile with many businesses family owned. The majority of Chileans are Roman Catholic. Chileans are often considered quite formal. Divorce was only legalised in 2004.
- Language - Spanish in the official language of Chile.
- Tipping - Tipping in Chile is voluntary but is common practice in the service industry