Visit Costa Rica and immerse yourself in rugged and unexplored wilderness. Outdoor adventures abound here and with the country’s varied landscape, which includes volcanoes, rainforests and glorious parks, prepare to be amazed by its natural wonders. Learn about organic pineapple farming, wander around the world’s largest butterfly garden, and discover Costa Rica’s endemic flora and fauna with guided tours and visits. For any lover of horticulture, this is a dream destination that will take you to a variety of magnificent open spaces, both cultivated and nature-made.
Country Information - Costa Rica
- Visa - Not required - you can stay for up to 90 days on a tourist visa
- Currency - The currency of Costa Rica is the Colón. Major credit cards are widely accepted
- How to Dress - The climate of Costa Rica is tropical but there are several micro climates which means the weather can vary depending on which region you visit. It is advisable to pack several lightweight layers which you can add/remove where appropriate
- Cultural Differences - Costa Rican's live by a mantra of “Pura vida”, meaning “pure life” which represents taking a more simple, relaxed, and happy approach to everyday life. Costa Rica is politically stable and the country has a strong sense of community and family values
- Language - Spanish is the predominant language of Costa Rica
- Tipping - Tipping in Costa Rica is not mandatory, though restaurants will often add a service charge on the final bill of 10%.