Visit Switzerland and fall in love with its gorgeous alpine scenery, nostalgic timber-framed buildings in glacier villages and contrasting contemporary cities. A visit to this magnificent country is sure to see you embrace its citizens’ love of the great outdoors, and with its snow-capped mountain peaks and glittering lakes, it will be easy to do. On an escorted tour of Switzerland, anticipate picturesque cable car rides, a chance to stop and observe beautiful mountain wildflowers, and many occasions to admire its world-renowned landscape.
Country Information - Switzerland
- Visa - British citizens do not require a visa to visit Switzerland
- Currency - The currency of Switzerland is the Swiss Franc
- How to Dress - Switzerland is fairly liberal when it comes to clothing. The weather will dictate your wardrobe choices. Summer can get very hot whereas temperatures plummet in the winter. A raincoat is advisable
- Cultural Differences - Swiss culture is heavily influenced by its neighbours France, Italy and Germany. Switzerland is one of the richest countries in the world. They are famous for their chocolate, cheese, watches and army knives.
- Language - There are four official languages of Switzerland; French, Italian, German and Romansh
- Tipping - In Switzerland, if a service charge is already added to the bill then tipping is not necessary. If a service charge is not added it is customary to add 5% - 10%.