Lose yourself in its welcoming spring sunshine, endless ocean in every shade of blue and charming fishing villages. Portugal’s winning combination of sandy beaches, secluded coves and dramatic scenery has kept it firmly on the holiday map for decades. And if all that wasn’t enough, the country also has great weather credentials, basking in around 300 days of sunshine a year.
Country Information - Portugal
- Visa - British citizens do not require a visa to visit Portugal
- Currency - The currency of Portugal is the Euro which replaced the escudo
- How to Dress - Most areas are relatively liberal although it is advised that you cover your shoulders and lower body if visiting religious areas
- Cultural Differences - Portugal is a unified country which has been influenced predominantly by Brazil. Family is a central pillar to Portuguese people. The majority of Portuguese people are Catholic
- Language - The language of Portugal is Portuguese
- Tipping - Tipping is expected in Portugal. 5 - 10% is a reasonable amount