Visit the Netherlands and anticipate fields bursting with brightly coloured tulips, landscapes punctuated by age-old windmills and romantic canals that wind their way around the vibrant city of Amsterdam. Here, fine art, horticulture and history can be experienced in multitudes. From celebrated Dutch masters and the country’s fantastic museums, to the beautiful gardens of Keukenhof – there is always something new to discover on garden tours here.
Country Information - Netherlands
- Visa - British citizens do not require a visa to visit the Netherlands
- Currency - The currency of the Netherlands is the Euro
- How to Dress - Most areas are relatively liberal. The weather can be changeable in the Netherlands so pack for different conditions
- Cultural Differences - The Netherlands is renowned for its liberal attitude. Prostitution and some drugs are legal and widely available especially in the capital Amsterdam. The Netherlands is particularly famous for its flowers and is a world leader producing tulips
- Language - The language of the Netherlands is Dutch
- Tipping - In the Netherlands, if a service charge is already added to the bill then tipping is not necessary. If a service charge is not added it is customary to add 10%.