Visit Denmark, where design and history meet style and laid-back living. From its grand castles and rugged coastlines, to its charming streets lined with brightly coloured houses and restaurants, this country will charm you from the minute you arrive. A destination that always features highly on ‘Happiest Country’ lists, Denmark is well worth a visit. Take a tour of cosmopolitan Copenhagen, a city that is home to fabulous museums, amazing architecture and delicious New Nordic cuisine. Travel to Aarhus along one of the world’s longest suspension bridges. Discover this country’s rich Viking heritage. There is so much to explore here, join us and experience it for yourself.
Country Information - Denmark
- Visa - British citizens do not require a visa to visit Denmark
- Currency - The currency of Denmark is the Danish krona
- How to Dress - Denmark is fairly cosmopolitan and there isn't such thing as a dress code. The climate is similar to the UK so pack warmer clothes in winter
- Cultural Differences - Danes are often characterised as being calm and humble. They are also private. Danish people believe in equality and their language is neutral. Family is important in Denmark
- Language - The official language of Denmark is Danish. English is widely spoken in tourist areas
- Tipping - In Denmark, if a service charge is already added to the bill then tipping is not necessary. If a service charge is not added it is customary to add 5% - 10%.