Douro Discovery Cruise
The River Douro rises in Spain and runs into Portugal, through the heart of the wine growing region, the steep hillsides lined with countless terraces of vines ripening in the sun. Our cruise begins at the river mouth in Porto, forever linked with the sweet fortified wine that has been shipped by the barrel-load to England for centuries. Cruising upstream we call at Régua, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and the picturesque town of Pinhão. We continue to Barca d’Alva, surrounded by steep hillsides, and Vega Terron before turning round and cruising gently downstream to Porto.
Excursions are included to the Mateus Palace, with its stunning interiors and famous garden, and the spectacular ‘Stairway to Heaven’ at Lamego, with a range of further optional excursions available at a supplement.
- Single cabin middle/upper deck on request
- Double cabin main deck Outer £195.00 = $265
- Double cabin middle deck with balcony £595.00 = $805
- Double cabin upper deck with balcony £875.00 = $1185
- Optional excursions:
- Salamanca £120.00 = $165
- Castelo Rodrigo £55.00 = $75
- Porto City tour £55.00 = $75
Tour dates & prices
Included in your cost:
- Services of a professional tour manager
- Comfortable coach travel throughout
- Meals - as per the itinerary