Visit Sweden, a country where the archaeological sites will impress as much as the landscape does. From its vast archipelago and elusive Northern Lights, to its aesthetically stunning interior design and brightly coloured buildings that line cobbled streets, it is a truly charming destination in more ways than one. Stand before the mighty Swedish warship Vasa in Stockholm, observe burial mounds at the site of Gamla Uppsala and visit one of the great castles of Baroque Europe – Skokloster Castle. Ancient mythology and folklore await here on an archaeological tour with Brightwater.
Country Information - Sweden
- Visa - American citizens do not require a visa to visit Sweden
- Currency - The currency of Sweden is the Swedish krona
- How to Dress - Swedish people are renowned for being fashionable and stylish. They often dress in smart-casual clothing.
- Cultural Differences - Swedes are often characterised as being calm and humble. Swedes are also private. Family is important, Maternity/Paternity leave usually lasts 18 months
- Language - The official language of Sweden is Swedish. English is widely spoken in tourist areas
- Tipping - In Sweden, if a service charge is already added to the bill then tipping is not necessary. If a service charge is not added it is customary to add 5% - 10%.