Visit Spain, one of Europe’s most popular destinations for tourists – and with good reason. Even if you’ve never been before, you may feel as if you know this country. Its excellent cuisine, sun-soaked landscapes and rich culture is renowned the world over, and escorted tours in Spain never disappoint. From the magnificent architecture to admire in Andalucia and the unrivalled Alhambra Palace, to the gorgeous azure waters in Palma and the gardens that integrate so perfectly with their natural environment – discover Spain with us this year.
Country Information - Spain
- Visa - Visas are not required by American citizens in Spain
- Currency - The currency of Spain is the Euro which replaced the Peseta. Major credit cards are widely accepted
- How to Dress - Most areas are relatively liberal although it is advised that you cover your shoulders and lower body if visiting religious areas
- Cultural Differences - Spain has a reputation for being a lively country whose people love life. It is made up of people from a number of cultures including Galicians, Basques and Catalans. Spanish people put a great emphasis on family life. Daily life often comes to a standstill between 2 - 4pm when the locals take a siesta
- Language - Spanish is the official language of Spain. English is widely spoken in tourist regions
- Tipping - Tipping is not expected in Spain but it is appreciated