Visit Romania and be seduced by its awe-inspiring landscapes, its jaw-dropping castles and the vibrant culture that awaits there. From medieval towns that inspired legendary works of fiction and UNESCO-listed archaeological sites such as Sarmizegetusa Regia, surprises await at every stop on an escorted tour of this enchanting country. Explore captivating collections in Romania’s fabulous museums, let the dazzling architecture inspire you, and discover its heritage through stories, history and folklore.
Country Information - Romania
- Visa - Visas are not required by American citizens in Romania
- Currency - The currency of Romania is the Romania Leu
- How to Dress - The dress code in the Romania is genuinely casual. It is advisable to pack lightweight layers in the summer when temperatures peak and warmer weather clothing in the winter. A lightweight raincoat is also advisable.
- Cultural Differences - Romania was founded over 2,400 years ago by the Dacians. It's culture is unique due to being at the heart of the Balkans, Eastern and Central Europe. Romania has a hierarchical society based on family.
- Language - Romanian is the primary language of Romania
- Tipping - Tipping is expected in Romania. 5 - 10% is a reasonable amount