A short journey from home, but a million miles from the hectic pace of 21st century life! The island of Guernsey, just 20 miles off the coast of France, flourishes in the warmth of summer and is home to some wonderful private gardens. The second largest of the Channel Islands and full of natural beauty, Guernsey offers a peaceful environment for relaxing. Its winding lanes reveal rolling pastures, tree filled valleys dotted with traditional farmhouses, and lead to dramatic cliff views and glorious sandy beaches - there is a surprise around every corner!
Country Information - Guernsey
- Visa - Visas are not required by American citizens in Guernsey
- Currency - The currency of Guernsey is the Euro
- How to Dress - In most areas of Guernsey casual attire is acceptable. Temperatures in summer months can rise significantly
- Cultural Differences - Guernsey's culture is predominantly a mixture of France and the UK. Guernsey's spring comes four weeks earlier than mainland Britain which enables some wonderful flowers to grow on the island.
- Language - English and French are the official languages of Guernsey
- Tipping - Tipping is expected in Guernsey. 5 - 10% is a reasonable amount