Visit South Africa and lose yourself in its cultural diversity, rich wildlife and famous landscapes. Home to one of the most incredible botanical gardens in the world at Kirstenbosch, this astounding country also boasts the legendary Table Mountain as well as an array of wildlife and indigenous flora. Dramatic scenery will reward any visitor and on a Brightwater Holidays escorted tour here, you will take time to observe wildflowers, visit the penguins at Boulders Beach and sample some of this country’s celebrated wine with a tasting experience.
August 23 2019
with Colin Crosbie
Country Information - South Africa
- Visa - Not required - you can stay in South Africa for up to 90 days on a tourist visa
- Currency - The Rand is the currency of South Africa
- How to Dress - The dress code in South Africa is generally casual including in most restaurants. It is advisable to pack lightweight layers in the summer when temperatures peak
- Cultural Differences -There are many similarities between the UK and South Africa from the time when it was a British Colony. Family and respect of authority are extremely important in South Africa. South Africa uses the metric unit system.
- Language - SThere are eleven official languages of South Africa: Afrikaans, English, Ndebele, Northern Sotho, Sotho, SiSwati, Tsonga, Tswana, Venda, Xhosa and Zulu.
- Tipping - Tipping is widely expected in South Africa. It is customary to tip approximately 10% - 15% for good service.